Emiline House is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Emiline House may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This policy is effective from 06/10/15.
What information do we collect
We ask for your name and email address for newsletters.
When a purchase is made on our site in addition to the above we also ask for delivery address, billing address and payment method details.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless required by law to do so.
Email Updates from Emilinehouse
If you sign up for our email newsletter Emilinehouse will periodically send you marketing emails. If you no longer wish to receive email updates from Emilinehouse.co.uk you can unsubscribe by sending an email to email@example.com requesting to unsubscribe.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Terms & Conditions
The term "Emiline House” or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
1) The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
2) Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
3) Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
4) This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
5) All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
6) Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
7) From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
8) Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
9) Emiline House will not be held responsible for any directly or indirect losses, damage or injuries caused by any products.
11) If You exercise Your right of cancellation up to 14 days after the goods have been delivered to You, You will be responsible for returning the goods to Us at Your own cost (unless We delivered the goods in error or if the goods are damaged or defective when delivered). You must take all reasonable care to ensure the goods are not damaged in the meantime or in transit. Please see returns page for details.
Once You have notified Us that You are cancelling the Contract, We will refund or credit You within 30 days for any sum that has been paid by You or debited from Your credit card or other account for the goods.
12) If you are unhappy with our goods or services to you please send any complaint in writing to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email email@example.com for details of returns address
Selling Alcohol OnlineIt is against the law for any person under the age of 18 to buy, or attempt to buy intoxicating liquor or for any person over the age of 18 to buy or attempt to buy intoxicating liquor for any person under the age of 18. Handpicked is committed to upholding its legal and social obligations as a retailer of intoxicating liquor. By placing an order you confirm that you and the recipient of the alcohol are at least 18 years old.
We reserve the right to validate name, address, age and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. Personal information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency which may keep a record of that information. This is done only to confirm your identity. A credit card check is not performed and your credit rating will be unaffected. If we cannot verify your age using this method we will contact you to ask for a driving licence number (or other evidence) in order to proceed with the order.
We use a range of different delivery options to get your order out to you as quickly as possible. It is important to note that some dropship (such as personalised) items are sent directly from our supplier so cannot be placed on Next Day Delivery. If this is the case, it will be stated on the product page.